American Flag Cake Recipe
(Scott City, KS)
Here are some fourth of July recipes for your July 4th menu that I thought I'd share. I found these on Recipezaar - a great place to find new recipes!
American Flag Cheesecake
* 1 quart strawberry
* 1 1/2 cups boiling water
* 1 (3 ounce) box jello red gelatin
* 1 cup cold water
* ice cubes
* 1 (12 ounce) poundcake, cut into 10 slices
* 1 1/3 cups blueberries
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1. Slice 1 C strawberries and halve remaining 3 C, set aside.
2. Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes. Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Line bottom of 13 inches dish with cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries to thickened gelatin. Spoon over cake slices. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on cream cheese mixture for stripes of flag. Arrange remaining 1/3 C blueberries on cream cheese mixture for stars.
American Flag Cake
* 2 lemons, zest and juice
* 2 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes white cake mix
* 6 large egg whites
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
* 2 (1 lb) boxes confectioners' sugar
* 4 tablespoons milk
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
* 3 cups fresh large raspberries, washed and dried
1. Cake: Heat oven to 350. Coat two 15x10-inch jelly-roll pans with nonstick cooking spray. Pour lemon juice into 4-cup measuring cup; add enough water to equal 2 2/3 cups.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mixes, egg whites, lemon zest, juice-water mixture and lemon extract to blend, about 3 minutes. Divide evenly between two prepared pans; smooth tops.
3. Bake at 350 until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 20 minutes. Let cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Place rack over each cake. Carefully invert cakes and racks and remove pans from cakes. Let cool to room temperature. If making ahead, wrap cooled layers in plastic wrap; refrigerate for several days. Bring to room temp before proceeding.
4. Frosting: Beat butter and shortening in large bowl 1 to 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, milk and lemon juice. Continue beating on low until well blended and good spreading consistency, adding more milk a teaspoon at a time.
Place one layer on serving tray. Reserve 1 cup frosting for piping. Frost layer with 1 cup frosting; top with second layer; frost top and sides. Place reserved frosting in pastry bag with star tip. Mark off a field for "stars" with toothpicks--6 inches across and 5 inches down. Fill in with blueberries. Place seven red "stripes" of raspberries on cake, leaving equal spacing for 6 white "stripes" between them. Carefully pipe white frosting between the rows of raspberries. Refrigerate uncovered to set frosting, then loosely cover with nonstick aluminum foil. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let stand at room temp for about 20 minutes before serving. Red, White, and Blue American Flag JelloIngredients
* 1 quart boiling water, divided
* 2 (3 ounce) packages jell-o brand berry blue gelatin mix
* 2 (3 ounce) packages jell-o brand gelatin powder, any red flavor
* 3 cups ice cold water, divided
* 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
* 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawedDirections
1. ADD 1-1/2 cups boiling water to dry berry blue gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir at least 2 minutes until gelatin is dissolved. Dissolve dry red gelatin mix in 1-1/2 cups boiling water in separate bowl. Stir 1-1/2 cups ice cold water into dissolved gelatin in each bowl.
2. SPRAY 10-cup flag mold with cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Pour red gelatin into mold. Refrigerate 45 minutes until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound). Meanwhile, refrigerate berry blue gelatin in bowl for 45 minutes.
3. MEANWHILE, stir remaining 1 cup boiling water into dry lemon gelatin mix in bowl at least 2 minutes until dissolved. Refrigerate 25 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites), stirring occasionally. Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk. Gently spread over red gelatin in mold. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set but not firm. Gently spoon thickened berry blue gelatin over lemon gelatin mixture in mold.
4. REFRIGERATE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Unmold.
For more July 4 recipes, check out Food.comYou can download a Kindle ebook with a bunch of 4th of July recipes on Amazon...4th of July Recipes
Patriotic Silicone American Flag Cake Set
Stars And Stripes Pan Each